Quodalaar RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quodalaar RP

The place for the public RP of Quodalaar to take place. Don't know what Quodalaar is? Take a look at Quodalaar.wikispaces.com!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conguran Eastern Politics (Final new character creation for this year!)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

Kaelus growled lightly, his fingers flexing and forming the intricate patterns in the air. "Vaelus, Kiro, Vestus, Nemrin, Caso.." The room he incanted in was a large one, but one concealed from the sun's rays in the late dusk. As the high ceilings and stone floors declared, the room was build into a stronghold and the heat was only from the two hearths that blazed to give light into the room. Kaelus then swiped forth with a single hand, and a shot of lightning flared from between two fingertips. It struck the human sized target twenty yards away and caused it to set alight, the hay not able to withstand such a blow. Kaelus stepped forth to inspect his worth as he finally came within the bright light to be seen.

He was a man in his mid thirties: lean looking, but also rugged like the men of his race. His hair was cut to just below the ear, a raven black in color and straight along his head for style. His clothes were that of the stereotype, as the black robes with colorful designs colored blue flowed about his form. His face was a smooth chiseled face, to which one could call handsome, but underneath it hid the mind that was one of the three to succeed his father. He rather was to make sure it was him.

He turned and stepped towards the fire, opening the robes up along the middle and his thoughts trained within the fire. When, where, how, what, they needed to be addressed within the Morgan Stronghold in these coming months. Their Father grew cautious to remove any power that Gennos had, but this last move against their intelligence may have proved risky. Surely his brothers and father did not think the Knight's Commander was too busy not to notice...

http://garnett303@gmail.com

Lilt

Lilt

A light rapping sounded at the stoe door, then a pause, before a louder--more forceful--knock. A lanky guest entered the room, carrying an awkward sort of frailty in hi movements. It was Urie--the youngest, and perhaps most calculating of the three brothers. He was infamously indecisive, fickle. He'd kept to his books while his elder brothers quarrelled in the psat.

"I'm not disturbing you, am I?" His voice carried the tone of a creaking floorboard. His bright eyes--exaggerated by the contrast the dark bags beneath them provided--flicked across the room. He carried a black-bound book with him, slim like a journal, and a pen. His hair was ink-black, like his brother's--but choppy and unkempt. He'd calmly reassured his brothers that he had no interest in the throne before, so that no fuss was made again about his appearance.

"There's been...concern voiced about your well-being. Concern you might be feeling spite." He fidgeted, fingers absently inspecting the pen strapped to his book. "Is everything well, brother?"

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

Kaelus glanced idly towards his brother before looking back to the fire. "Spite, is it? for such foolishness that was done against the family that now guards Gennos' most protected secrets? I would think me feeling spite will be the least of these implications at that." He growled, then turning to face his brother, the room still smelling of burnt hay.

There had been suppressed rumors of Kaelus' talent in magic; but instead of learning from the Meigi their father had sought and found one of the hand. The woman who taught him was only a acolyte in the arts, but she studied as well and he progressed quick enough to keep up to her expectations. Urie knew about the woman as well, but their eldest brother did not. Kaelus spat into the fire, before shrugging at his brother. "What brings you to my presence as it were anyway? It would take a brothel and a pouch full of Denarii to get you away from your library."

Lilt

Lilt

Urie smiled. He folded both his hands across his journal, half-hugging it to his chest.

"Concern," he said. "Brotherly concern. He's been concealing it well, but--I beleve Father may be ill." He averted his eyes for a moment. "I'm sure you'd agree with me, in such times, it's always best to be a bit...prepared."

He pursed his lips. "I'd like you to consider this... a friendly warning. Or more precisely--an opportunity."

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

Kaelus grunted, then looked towards the fire again. If anything, Berrek was to succeed; the man was blunt and straightforward with his politics. Kaelus himself couldn't get over the amount of scheming that his youngest did. While he himself did make plans, Urie founds ways to make them... despicably close to all looking like accident or fate.

"You know I have to wonder about how prepared one can be anyway. Our father does have the right to choose whom, but if he died suddenly Berrek by right receives the head of household. But I am....curious on what sort of preparations you have in mind in the face of this farce our father has led us into, as well as what to do after."

Lilt

Lilt

Urie shrugged and distrated himself, examining his nails for a moment. A smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth; he forced himself to contain it.

"Well... I'm sure that you of all people, my elder brother, know what sorts of awful shortcomings can befall a man. Especially a brute like Berrek." He paused, flicking his icy eyes at Kaelus. "A man who, quite honestly, boasts too much while in the company of rogues and cut-throats."

"Should the new ruler really be such an oaf, a drunkard?" he asked, as if in onversation with himself. "It's quite commonplace for a man to outstep his abilities, and find his death inside a tavern." is eyes pooled down to the floor. "One can never be too careful these days, really."

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"And this is why I know you don't want to be the head of household; you do far too much damage in the dark." Kaelus mused bluntly. "That said...hmm, if you could get in contact with our friend in the Vennguard, let us see what they might be willing to do to...even the chances of the correction towards the order of succession." Kaelus smiled simply, but it held nor warmth; rather it almost meant to chill the fire before him. "What have you been studying these days anyway?"

Lilt

Lilt

He grinned. "I may not have the upperhand with physical might, or magic, dear brother," he said, "but I have not earned the title 'Friend of Fate' without cause. If growing up beneath the ranks of you and Berrek taught me anything, it is that one must be willing to use...alternative measures in claiming what he desires.

"I will not contest the throne to you, Kaelus--but I would like to ascertain that you might wish to keep some of my interests at heart when you do, in fact, approach your rule." He cleared his throat and chuckled at the question posed.

Flipping his journal open, he flicked through the pages with an enthusiastic gesture. "What have I been studying? Everything! Specifically, though--the art of persuasion.

"Did you know: a man would gladly leave his life, kill in your name, die for your very namesake, if you string the right words along for him?" He sighed, resigning his journal again. He stepped forward into the room from the door. Now that his idea had taken root, it was safe to invest his more personal time.

"And beyond that?" His eyes wandered and he smiled. "Poetry. I've been studying... a certain lady of a court." He looked at the other expectantly. "And you? I've interrupted your magical practice with this visit, haven't I? I can still smell the residue from the work you cast before I entered."

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"I am practicing for when the...actual target is to be dispersed should he prove fruitless." His brother murmured, clasping his hands behind his back. "Other then that, I suppose you might as well say, who is it that has caught your eye by chance? No doubt someone who's intelligence has absorbed your attention I'm sure." Kaelus moved up to and past his brother, closing the door behind him after a quick glance outside of it. "Tho' I am sure also I'm not to find any witnesses upon this room's words, at least if the people listening don't wish to fall off the ramparts from the ice."

Kaelus then turned about again, quirking an eyebrow. "You aren't planning any measures say beyond reason on the girl mayhaps?"

Lilt

Lilt

Urie shot Kaelus an incredulous look at the insinuation. "No! No, I'd never-- Even I have certain moral standards, brother." He slumped back into an armchair, a stupid smile sprawling its way across his face. He set his journal down in his lap and stretched his arms out before him, cracking his fingers rhythmically in the process.

He looked at Kaelus again. "Malochte. Such a rich name to the tongue." He rubbed his knees and grinned. "We've been exchanging letters, though I've yet to reveal who I am to her. She writes beautifully. She is an artist, and just as gracefully compelling physically as she is intellectually." He tried to stifle the smug look blooming on his face but couldn't.

"She's even indulgent of music," he said, whispering the words as if they were forbidden knowledge. "I've heard her play once." He gulped. "That said, I may require your assistance to become more appealing, both in habit and in form."

He folded his hands. His palms had grown clammy.

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"It's what kept me alive in the snake pits of politics Urie. Even you just said one can never be too careful." As Kaelus listened however to Urie's tale, he tried to remember who the woman was. Ah, a member of the Coshek family if one of the younger ones. She was a shy and tall girl, fair skinned with scarlet red hair. Rumors did mentions some other things about her, but not even the Venngard knew what. Influentially she wouldn't mean too much, but even then she had three suitors already...

He had some work to do.

"Well brother, one is that we meet you to the big ball of light known as the sun for a week or two. There's a ball in a couple months time that Father is hosting to commemorate the Volus defeat no? Other then that, we'll make sure your clothes are some of your better ones, and we'll have you going in with a curfew. And no, I'm not casting illusion magic for the sake of you having one good night in falsehood for this."

Lilt

Lilt

Urie slumped his shoulders. "I figured you'd say that." He chuckled. "But, very well. You've always been so kind to help me, Kaelus. And I appreciate it. Tell me, is there anything I may help you with in return?"

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"Mmm, I may hold you to that. But for now let's get to that outside bit. Least it's wamr outside." With that he moved and slapped one of his coats overtop of his brother. "Fair warning, get ready for hell."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum