Quodalaar RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quodalaar RP

The place for the public RP of Quodalaar to take place. Don't know what Quodalaar is? Take a look at Quodalaar.wikispaces.com!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Tour Around Kilan

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

What he'd mentioned about the Conguran people needing to restrict their magic - That had gotten her interested. She blinks simply, sulking a bit in that moment, as clear remembrance of terrible memories crawls upon Terith. Hm.. She'd have to ask more about that later, if he was willing to tell her.

But for the now, he politely excuses Eilan from the dinner with the Hontha folk, and she nods softly in meek apology before turning to the Clinic with Terith. Once the door opened and he stepped inside, she slipped after him and finally saw fit to relax a bit. Mirror-like eyes glance just about everywhere, taking in the strange living style of the Conguran people. Curious though she was, she'd step over to the jars lining the walls, first, careful not to bump anything with her injured arm while she picks up jars to examine them one at a time. A few contents she seems to recognize, though a few others, she doesn't.

"As I thought. Even the inside of your hut is adorable!" She remarks, placing a jar back onto the shelf, throwing a delighted smile Terith's way, as she moves to the medical tools on the other wall. "It's much more closed than the huts of my own village, but it seems to work." She pauses, blinking briefly, looking to Terith over her shoulder.

"People seem to like you very much in this village. Are you the only local healer there is?"

http://quodalaar.wikispaces.com

27A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"There's another, but he is usually busy making sure everyone in the patrols aren't catching anything." Terith remarked as he leaned over, finding a small kettle and pouring some water in it. "As to the closed off, our kind deals with winter on the ground up north, it generally keeps the cold out we find haha."

He turned back to her then, undressing out of his duster and hat. Dark brown hair flicked out from underneath, and his pleasent smile was seen once more. He wore a metal-looking scalemail vest, his leggings a two-piece thick piece of plate. The shirts and pants however underneath was a forest green and a simple brown. "Well now, sit down sit down."

http://garnett303@gmail.com

28A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

"The people of my village would lose their minds, if they had to live in something like this every day. Our huts are circular, and more open - They don't have a solid covering over the tops, just an open hole, for smoke from cooking fires to escape through." Eilan remarks with a giggle, placing the tool she'd taken from the wall back in its place. She turns to watch as he undresses himself some, tilting her head with a soft little smile. He doesn't look half bad, she thinks to herself, he'd even make an attractive Cooanei! But raised differently, that thought is quickly banished, and she's being asked to sit down. She moves to the table holding a few chairs around it and cups upon it, pulling out one of the chairs to sit - But not before a minor adjustment. She reaches behind herself, pulling the tabard-esque flap of clothing to the side to reveal a fan of feathers, which tilt upward as she then delicately takes a seat. Who knew? She had a tail, too! If not cleverly hidden, that is.

"Are your people that prone to becoming sick?" She asks curiously, looking to Terith in assumption that he'd be sitting down, too. "If the vegetation here is anything like it is in the midland, I could help point out plants that have medicinal qualities. Though I would have assumed you'd have something like that, no? A journal?"

29A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"Becoming sick? Well they are troops combining from both the north and middle regions of the continent; the problem being is we're exploring both a new area and vegetation, so disease or simple illnesses can be common." His eye quirked up as he saw the feathers, but he had seen Cooanei before at least; the last time he had his rifle regrettably had been in one. Passing the unpleasant memory aside, he sat down himself once the kettle was done, popping in some dried leaves in a small pack of threads.

"I am surprised the tank was left of no comment. We've had several visitors come by, and most simply stop and stare at the massive thing." There was a soft thumping outside, a little beyond the window's view.

30A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:25 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Giving a soft shrug, Eilan would watch him as he made the tea - And yes, she did know what it was. Her village did the same thing, though it usually involved a clay pot rather than a kettle. "I've seen them before, when they plowed through parts of my village." She replied calmly, hiding her scorn for the subject - She'd avoided commenting on it, because she knew nothing good would have come out of her mouth.

The thumping, though, drew her attention. "I don't need to see much more of them than that.." Blinking, she softly grunts as she rises from the chair, clothing falling back over to conceal her tail. She walks to the window, and peers out.. Though seeing it's beyond the window's view, after a moment, she works to open the window. And if successful, she'd lean out of the window, looking about for the source of the noise.

31A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

What she saw was more towards the definition of a 'golem'. A ten foot tall being slowly walked it's way along the road beside the house, it's body made from a series of circles, cylinders and spheres. Etched along the skin was runic passages and markings, looking like instructions and having some sort of function on joints and it's head. Two glowing runes servings as eyes glanced over to her, analyzing her and perhaps the building as it came to a stop.

Terith himself pondered the thoughts of Eilan's comments. "Must have been freelancers; after the civil war, a few score of soldiers went and illegally stole military parts. We're the first official posts of Conguran nationality last we knew." He was used to the golem's thumping, and promptly forgot to mention or even look back for the moment.

32A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Catching sight of the moving Golemn, she'd almost not heard anything Terith had been saying. Rather, her eyes widened, clearly astounded by the formation - Though she'd seen golems before, she'd never seen any that looked anywhere near this spectacular. More often than not, they looked like completely natural formations of nature, until they moved.

This one, though.. It was spectacular! Eilan found she bore mixed feelings about it, in this. One one hand, she was astounded by how these people handled the creature, her belief of magic led her to think that magic couldn't, and shouldn't, be maintained in such a manner as this. The other hand was placed directly on this - It was wrong, in her eyes, to harness magic such as this. In her village, and all general Cooaneian culture, you asked of magic, you didn't force it.

"Freelancers.." Eilan murmured in a drifting tone, practically leaning completely out of the window, at this point. Quickly, she pulls herself back inside, before lifting herself up to slip right out the window without warning. She'd come back for the tea - And Terith - After she had a look. Touching down on the grass outside, she'd hop up to the golem, though not too close, trying to circle about it to get a better look at it, without seeming.. too obvious.

33A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

The golem creaked forward to look down at the creature that now approached it carefully, it's eyes flickering in...was that curiosity maybe? It made a arcane flare of a cyan blue that flickered where a mouth should be, sounding out a strange musical sound as if in greeting.

Terith blinked as he heard the creak of the window, turning and noting out she went. Setting out two cups, he leaned out and over; smiling briefly as he spotted the golem. He eyed the centerpiece of the thing which had two large runes on it. If she can read it, it was translated at "Cry-kin".

34A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 am

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

It depended on what language 'Cry-Kin' was written in, to be honest. If it was the common language, Conguran, she would. Perhaps if it was Aaemenian, too, as she'd dabbled in that at some point as well, but not very well. All the same, it'd have been a minor notice of the runes, as she'd have jumped back the moment that musical greeting came from its mouth, arm clutching to her chest in a surprised manner. Confusion, and perhaps mild fear scrawled across her face, she'd glance briefly toward the Clinic, before looking back up at the Golemn. A careful step back is given, before she blatantly turns and runs back to the door. The front door, that is, which she opens, and ducks back into with a pert closing behind her. "What IS that?" She'd ask Terith, stance suggesting something like a sulk caught up in a frantic moment, if that makes much sense at all.

35A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 am

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

The runes were of a design more known to Congurans, as it was a dialect devised by the Rune Makers themselves. But if you knew Conguran runes you could understand them well enough. The golem watched her speed off, and it rumbled it's head to turn clockwise slightly, before making a second noise and continued on it's way. Terith glanced back at her, quirking an eyebrow.

"Tis' a golem, the closest things we have to the old ways of unregulated magic really." He pulled out his gloves, revealing the top of one hand where a rune mark similar to one of the markings on the golem's shoulder was; burned onto his skin maybe or a tattoo. "Rune makers, or at least those who understand runes, work on such beings to make sure they stay operational. They usually thank us, I think, after we're done such jobs as well, so they seem content with the simple labour jobs they are given."

Terith thought about it. "Then again, that's a civilian model. None of the military ones made it to Kilan in exchange for the tank, but there are a few in the western settlements. I hope they are not an affront, 'they' stay of their own choice once created." He sat back down, pouring out two cups of tea.

36A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:51 am

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

"Seem.. content?" Eilan repeated slowly, blinking several times at the rune present on the back of his hand which he'd showed. So.. it was able to feel? And think? This was a surprise to her. Shuffling to the side of the door, she'd open it again, just poking her head out to look for the Golem - But it had already moved on. She pulls her head back inside and she closes the door, shoulders slumping a bit in another sulk. "I didn't know it was alive," She states, turning to walk back to the table, "It frightened me, when it made that noise. I didn't know what to make of it, so I ran back here. I guess it must have been saying 'hello'.." She adopts her seat once more, again with that elegant motion of seating herself. Reaching out to take one of the cups, she looks to Terith with a mild pout.

"Could you take me to see it again, sometime later? I would like to apologize, if that's alright."

37A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:43 am

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"Could you take me to see it again, sometime later? I would like to apologize, if that's alright."

Terith nodded, but passed a hand through the air dismissively. "It's not quite...alive, in the traditional sense at least." He frowned, scratching his head. "Hmm, my friends in the Fifth Division would have btter knowledge of the whole thing; but it's like the magic flows into the beings and channeled through the rune paths. Civilian models...I think have some basic sentient feelings or personality quirks." He smiled wryly. "They also usually become attached to those who work on them and around them if they treat it well; should rumors be believed."

He took up a cup of tea, sipping from it. "I'm sure we could, there is only a dozen with us currently. But I'm sure it didn't mind. Now if had been a military model, different story." He stopped, quirking an eyebrow. "I'm hoping no all this information is going back to your village immediately is it? There are some things that I've mentioned as what a visitor should know, but if you could keep quite of exact numbers, t'would be appreciated."

38A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:31 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Whether or not it was 'quite' alive or wasn't, it was the fact that it was sentient, and she could've possibly hurt its feelings like that. Not that it was THAT important, but.. Manners, still.

Sipping at the tea while further listening, she'd blink several times at the taste, finding it quite good. Cooaneian tea was usually sweeter - This wasn't as sweet, but it seemed slightly better that way. She'd look back up to Terith whilst sipping at her cup, pausing however as he requests her withhold some information she's seen here. A confused expression once again crawls onto her face, and she calmly places down her cup to speak.

"Why?"

39A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

"We do not mind at all if you describe us and our towns, that's fine." He noted, sipping his own tea once more. "But the problem is is that some Cooanei tribes have found us invading on their territory, far reaching apparently as there is none to be found nearby. We do not want our potential opponents, in the most dire situation, to know exact strengths and weaknesses. I have a good feeling that you do not wish us harm, but innocent information like numbers can be used against us quite easily, and I'd rather have no one be harmed."

He sat back and looked out the window. "Tis' a beautiful landscape we sit on and reside around, and this expedition is trying to make sure it does not harm the local life as it stands, rather integrate ourselves."

40A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:33 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

"There are at least two villages on the southern coasts, that my village sometimes will trade with. The Bealing village specializes in reef-hunting and fishing, and I think the Cooaneian village specializes in medicine. They live near an herbal glade." She explains, tilting her head in a suspicious manner, at Terith. "But.. Besides that, wouldn't it put the tribes at an extreme dis-advantage, not knowing how many people there are, here? If you decided to attack, they wouldn't know how many to defend against, and would be obliterated.." Upon this mention, her ears fold back softly. Not to be biased, but she obviously knew that the Conguran people here, even if civilian, still were much more technologically advanced, and had the advantage in that regard.

41A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

"It is better if one and the other, for now mind you-we might differ later in the weeks to come, have no knowledge of numbers of each other." Terith had considered his answer for a moment. "We are currently strangers between each other. Next week we were planning to visit one or two villages in the area; if perhaps you could mention to me how such a thing could be done correctly, I could mention it to our commander on how to do so. In return, we can trade our technologies, civilian ones, to the Cooanei if they wished."Terith smiled wryly then. "Then again, I'm speaking out the side of my mouth, I'm a simple doctor on this expedition. For the actual deals, let's leave those to the leaders."

42A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:50 am

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

How such a thing could be done correctly? Eilan's winged ears perked slightly in thought of this, and she sipped once more at her already half-gone cup of tea. Looking to Terith, she appeared as if she were about to speak, but her mouth promptly closed in a frown at his mention of trading their technology to the Cooanei.

"Why would we want that? It's junk." She remarks, appearing mildly offended at the idea of receiving the technology - Even if it'd be the villages, not her, specifically. "There's nothing that metal can do that we can't do on our own, naturally. They won't want any of that. The southern villages, here, are already more rural than we are up north, so that's even more certain here." Drinking down the last of her tea in one go, she inhales deeply, exhaling slowly as she places her cup back on the table.

"If you go to see the villages, don't bring your technology. Not the big ones. It will only scare them, they won't know what to make of it, and might attack you. That happened during a meteor shower, some years ago. The Medicinal village I mentioned tried evacuating the village, because meteor showers had never been so close before in that region." She explains, looking back to Terith with a slight sagging of her shoulders, and a pressing of her winged ears to the side of her head. "It might be better if you went, with one of your leaders to be honest, Terith.. They would value one who protects life, and it would make this village seem less frightening to them."

43A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

Terith nods, frowning. "If it as you say then we shan't. We may only bring one Zairran troop transport to at least move ourselves fast enough between the villages. We will however be slow on the approach."

Terith finished his own cup of tea, then leaned forward. "As to me coming along, I was suppose to for the first incursion in in case we were mistaken. We weren't planning to send any mechanized teams in of course, because we know of some of your race in part to nature. We had simply been curious if you would have liked to make use of the energy of a river or the like for grinding plants and the like fro bread." He stood up, bowing shortly. "I do thank you however for at least giving us a chance to work with the south. Truthfully, you are the first person to speak at all about the Cooanei ways that we've met; the airship you hit was behind schedule I think."

44A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:12 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

A twitch of her fingers in her lap, and she'd shoot a subtle glare at Terith.

"It wouldn't have been late if it had watched where it was going." Still hell-bent on retaining some dignity, it seems?

She calms, after that, standing from her seat, brushing her clothing down calmly as she moves back over to the wall of tools, back facing him as she peers up at it again. "We can do both of those things already, them especially. As I said, there's nothing your machines can do that we can't do already. Naturally."

Reaching up to take a bonesaw-looking tool from the wall, she'd bring it down close, examining it curiously while speaking further, "It's as much for your safety as it is for that of the village. There are many elders there, and if you brought your machines--even one, so don't--you might end up accidentally killing a few from fright. And if that happens, you may have several villages after you."

Pausing in her perusing, she glances over her shoulder toward Terith, brow perking softly. "Unless your men are injured or crippled, they can walk on foot. Using that.. 'Zairran', thing? I don't know what it is, but I know it's a bad idea if it is big enough to be able to transport people."

45A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:31 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

"Call it a habit in dealing with those east of us." He knew a reprimand when he head one, and stood up to walk over where she look over his tools. "We've had negotiation teams come under attack, and it's not the other side of the egoitation team that attacks. Beasts where we are from tend to be more hostile, and while we have not seen anything more serious then a pack of Groglen beasts; it was something to worry for the guard. If you say it's indeed easy enough to get from oe place to another without being seen as a meal..."

His index finger rested on the top of the curve for the bone saw. "I'll see to it, as long as perhaps you could perhaps gives us a directio to start then. I'd rather not have the men walk to the most hostile village first."

46A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:51 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Ahh. now she understood. Whether it was the truth, or a clever lie to get him to convince her to let them bring the tank along, not that she could stop them or anything, she seemed to believe and understand his words. She appears contemplative for a moment, eyes closing in brief thought.

..Nnno. No, he was right about that.. There were certainly more beasts down south in the warmer climates than there were up north. And with lush breeding grounds, the beasts tended to be larger, too. Most were peaceful, but if they brought the machines along, even for defense, they might still be attacked out of fear. It was the same for the villagers as it was for the beasts.

Looking at his finger atop the bone saw, she trailed her gaze up his arm, and finally over to his face. Although a soft frown was present, she spoke softly and with surprising words.

"I will lead you, myself, if you leave the machines behind. All of them. I will not allow you to risk the lives of the Elders in the village by bringing them, or your own men. It is needless and foolish."

47A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:37 pm

Ushlin Tironga

Ushlin Tironga

"Hmm, now that is unexpected. Did you not wish to leave post haste? Your injuries would only delay you for a day." He chuckled, giving a now grateful smile. "Not that I'm happy with this alternative of a representative at the head of the force. It would only be a dozen men, their rifles, gear, myself and their captain. If you were to lead us, is this fair to you, or shall we strip down to weapons of pure runic steel?"
His question was more clarification rather then sarcastic; perhaps the quiet chugging of their rifles ready to fire might unsettle some.

48A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:47 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

"If it makes noise but is not alive, do not bring it." That should sort out a lot - That meant the rifles were out. "That is what will scare them the most. They will not understand why it makes that noise, and to explain why it does to them, will only make them angry. You may bring blades, but if I do my job well enough, you will not need to use them." She explains. Though she seems eager to lead them, she can't help but sulk softly at the idea of delaying her way home even longer. They'd worry about her, surely, but.. Well, doing this was as much for the protection of the village here, if not Terith's people.

Sighing softly, still, she'd nod slowly, lifting the bone saw to place it where it had been, on the wall. "I will not go home for a long time because of this, but it cannot be helped. I will wait until the frost has passed before I will go home. It will be some months." She mentions, moving away from the wall and over to one of the beds, as she takes the time to look them over, curiously.

"But, today has been tiring. May we speak of this further in the morning? If you wish me to meet with those I will be leading, I will do so when I wake." She mentions, looking to Terith for confirmation that it's alright to sleep on one of the medical cots, or not.

49A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

Noticing her gesture to the cots, he shook his head. "As a small token at least, use my own bed. You shall get much better rest with it." He moved over and brushed back one of the curtains, revealing his private quarters. Inside was a twin-sized bed, with a small wooden endtable, a candle for lighting and a window with openable shutters. "I myself shall head outside to make word of your offer, rest well." Awaiting to see where she'd sleep, he'd make sure to put his spare key beside her and left out the front door, stepping off and onto the path towards the command tent. There was something else, but what was it...Bah, he couldn't remember.

50A Tour Around Kilan - Page 2 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Ah--... Fair enough. She'd looked as if she were about to refuse, for a moment, but soon after nodded softly and instead moved toward the private quarters he'd revealed. "Thank you." she offered quietly, and with a small, grateful smile before he left. After he had, however, she eventually worked her arm out of the sling, wincing softly in doing so. This was only so she could remove her clothing before slipping into bed - Yes, that's right. She refused to sleep any other way. (And to be honest, Pajamas hadn't been invented yet. Not for the Cooanei race, anyway.) Pulling the covers up to her shoulders, her hair would bush around her face, shrouding it in that minty-pale-blue color.

============

Come morning, Eilan will have awoken even before the sun rose. It was natural for her, which was why she sometimes slept in when the calendar changed. She wasn't groggy to wake, either - He was right about her getting plenty of sleep in his bed. It was fairly comfortable, and so when she rose, she made to stretch, as the covers pooled around her waist. Though, noticing a twinge of pain in her shoulder, she'd inhale sharply and retract her arm. Her regeneration had flourished during her sleep, and she knew she wouldn't need the sling today - But no over-extending or unnecessary stretching. She could just as easily injure it again.

Rubbing at her arm, thoughtfully, she'd slip out of bed and stand, reaching back with her 'good arm' to straighten out her tail feathers with a light finger-brushing and a ruffle. The fan lowers again, after, forming an 'arrow' like shape against the back of well-shaped thighs. First thing first - Bathing. She was sure she'd flown over a river on the way here, so all she had to do was find it, or another water source around here. Turning, she'd pull the thinner sheets from the bed, folding it enough so it'd be shorter and wouldn't drag on the ground before wrapping it around herself, like one might do a towel. After that, she brushes her hair over her bare shoulders, stepping gracefully, soundlessly, over to the door.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum