Quodalaar RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Quodalaar RP

The place for the public RP of Quodalaar to take place. Don't know what Quodalaar is? Take a look at Quodalaar.wikispaces.com!

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Tour Around Kilan

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

As he heard her awaken, Terith smiled slightly and rolled his shoulders, already hard at work beside the stove as the heated top served as a frying slab of iron. Being mindful of perhaps a diet against eggs, he tried for a more varied breakfast to make as it included some of the local (non-toxic) berries in a salad, Noraggin Boar meat make into strips, and a skillet formed from a combination of bread dough and potatoes.

As he heard the curtains shift, he turned to spea. "Well morning! Breakfast is just ab-" He paused and noticably flushed as he saw her, flipping about. "Oh! Pardon me, didn't realize yah' were gettin' ready tah' clean." His accent, on that note, seemed to quicken.

52A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:40 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Pausing behind Terith as she was walking to the door, this was after he'd spied her and turned quickly around with a rather cute stutter, Eilan couldn't help but grin softly in mild amusement.

"It seems I was right to follow my assumption about wearing this cloth out to bathe." She mentions, stepping closer to peer over his shoulder, sniffing softly to take in the smell of the cooking food. There is an audible flutter of feathers, and that's a sign the cook is receiving a compliment. She likes it just from the smell! (And that's coming from a picky eater.) "I think if I had not worn this cloth, you might have fainted and hit your head." She mentions, before finally moving away, toward the door.

"I have decided I will conjure water, rather than going to find a river. It will save time - I will be back within minutes." She mentions, before pulling the door open, closing it behind her as she slips out. She'll be heading to a secluded corner of the settlement, or otherwise, she'll explain to the guards where she's going, what she's doing, and that she'll be back, before headed outside of the palisades to a more private place, if someone complains about her bathing on site. With her quiet conjurations, however, and the sheet set aside, she'd be doing it quietly and without hardly making a mess. The water is conjured directly from her palms as her hands run over her body, and she wastes no more than what is needed for each section of skin.

http://quodalaar.wikispaces.com

53A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

Terith trusted his mouth none at all when she complimented him, just giving a thankful nod before making sure the breakfast would be cooked properly. His mind, ever inventive, kicked into overdrive as she leaned over his shoulder and made the flutter of feathers behind him. "Ah, alrighty then!" He called after her, before taking the next several minutes to set them on two plates. He muttered something about unknowingly teasing guests and set up the table, settling down and broke his fast. He wondered, however, if he should have mentioned the bathing area he used for cleaning people. that was behind the curtains left of the bedroom.

54A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:31 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

He could have, but he didn't. And so, she was bathing outside. She'd eventually chosen to bathe outside the palisades at all, ignorant of the childish giggling of a pair of the younger men of the military outfit present who peered over the Palisades, silently giving high-fives to each other each time she tilted her head back to wash her hair, giving them quite the eye-full of her front. Eventually, of course, one of the older guardsmen had caught what they were doing, and so they were pulled away for leaving their post for such a lewd act - Whether it was 'the only opportunity we'll ever get' or not. Eilan's fault, really - But modesty wasn't the biggest concern in her village.

Eventually she walked back to the clinic, nice and clean. And dry, too! Seemed she had used a wind spell for quick-drying as well as the water incantation. Stepping into the clinic again, her hair was nice and fluffed up, luscious and silken as it was meant to be, rather than wind-blown as it had been the day before. Her skin, too, almost seemed to glow a fair blue with the washing, though she'd walked right over to the private quarters to change back into her clothes after closing the door behind her.

"Wonderful! I admit, I love conjured bathing more than the river. At least I can make the water warmer, that way." She explains, having closed the curtain this time, for his sake, while changing.

"Thank you for cooking food, by the way. I didn't know Conguran could be so talented! --What did your village leader have to say about my leading you, also?"

55A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

Terith was once again within another struggle of making a comment it seemed as he watched her walk in, looking a bit awestruck as the sun hit her when opening the door. As she came back she would have noticied a bit of his water had disappeared from his cup and driblets of water remained on his face.

"Well, to each Conguran, there is a standard of merit. If yah' can't survive on your own knowsake yah' get help, but if it's simply for being lazy then you don't get any respect in a Conguran town." He remarked. "As to you leading it, he was estatic; if cautious at first. He is however more knowledable then most on Cooanei, hence why he outranks certain veterans with us haha." He gave a complimenting smile as he looked her over. "Though I have to wonder if some of our men aren't going to be looking for danger, but rather the views."

56A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:17 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Quirking a brow at the sight of water upon his face and out of his cup, she was a bit puzzled as to why that was - But she wouldn't ask about it. (Despite the writer cracking up about it.) Rather, she walks over to the table, tail feathers fanning out again as she seats herself, tucking into her meal in that calm, elegant manner. She took tiny, but quick bites, so she was able to eat at a steady pace without seeming like she was rushing herself - Though she sort of was. She wanted to get moving before the sun got up too high, so they'd avoid seeing most of the beasts.

As he spoke next, however, she blinked softly once more, looking to Terith as she swallowed her food. "I understand. I wouldn't have figured it out, had those boys not been watching me while I cleaned." She replied calmly, picking up a berry from the salad with her claws, "I could smell pheromones wafting off of them in droves. It wouldn't have occurred to me, as Cooaneian customs frown upon inter-racial mating." She pauses a moment, at that, eying Terith over curiously. "I wouldn't worry about it." She remarks, popping the berry into her mouth, finishing off the last of her quickly-gone meal with the last salad leaf.

"Once we are out there, the noises they hear will make them focus. Erylbines are up when the sun is up, and they won't hesitate to snatch someone right off the road. They make a terrible trilling noise when they're about to take someone." She rises, taking her plate to where the others are located. She was joking, obviously.

...Right?

57A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

"I almost wonder if it's not them you'd need to be worrying..." He murmured, then spoke again in a normal tone as he finishes his meal. "Well; inter-racial marriage isn't frowned at; there are plenty who married into the Honthas and vice versa. It's more....well, the Cooanei and the Conguran haven't exactly had relations at all for such seperate paths of life no?"

Terith stood up and put his wooden dishes into the tub of water to rub down and dry on the table. "That aside, I think it's all the more we move then I guess. Most of the men are already set."

58A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:50 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Her fine hearing had caught that little bit from him.. Though she'd not ask about it any more, as it was an awkward topic as it was now. Eventually she'd end up saying something she didn't mean to, and.. Blegh. She didn't want to turn this into one big mess of a situation.

"Good, then!" She offered, stepping away and to the door with hardly another word, after brushing herself down so her clothes lay correctly, "Shall we go meet them?"

She opens the door and steps out, though she does hold the door open for Terith, in the meantime. "There are a few things they should know before we actually move.." Eyes darting away momentarily, they jerk back to Terith after that moment of thought, and her hand grips the door handle somewhat. Her expression reads something uneasy.

"I might need you to speak for me. I still can't do well in front of such a large group of strangers, Terith."

59A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:23 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

Terith quirked an eyebrow, then considered the dillema. "Well...I don't see a problem with that." He thought about it, then nodded. "I know most of the men going as well. Do you just want me to relay the information you gave me?"

60A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:08 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

Nodding softly, she'd continue to hold the door open for him whilst standing outside. "There's more to relay. They need to stay close together, not spread out. It's easier for them to be picked off otherwise. And they need to stay away from the bushes as much as they can, some in this region are poisonous just by touch and spell. They can't make too much noise, which is why I don't want any of them bringing that machinery - It'll scare the beasts and cause them to attack."

Turning from the door and walking outside, she then draws in a deep breath of fresh, crisp morning air. "If they do that, we should be fine. There have yet to be any roads made through the forest here. All the locals depend solely on their senses to lead them. So they better stick with the group, or else they'll get lost pretty quickly.."

61A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Terith Karuna

Terith Karuna

Terith nodded. "Fair enough, and with a group this small you naturally stick together. Though I do believe you meant by smell yes?" He smiled softly, then gave her a casual salute. "Well miss Eilan, let's be gettin' a move on as soon as we're ready here. I'll relay to them what you need."

Once she said she was ready they walked out to the group of thirteen. Each was armed with a backpack, a scimitar-shaped blade with runes etched into it, and a kite shield. Their dress didn't look any different otherwise. An older-looking woman turned and setpped up to the pair, giving a warrior's salute.

"Well now, everything seem to be in order?"

62A Tour Around Kilan - Page 3 Empty Re: A Tour Around Kilan Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:39 pm

King Maero

King Maero
Admin

"No, spell." She corrected, glancing back at him as they walked out to the group, "Some of the local plants are highly reactive to concentrated points of magic, like spell-casting. Those are the plants close to becoming full-fledged Phosynthian. We shouldn't find any on the path which we're headed, but it's just a note, still."

With that, however, they were placed before the group of thirteen. Eilan remained standing beside Terith, standing elegantly as she was meant - Though the rigidity of this elegant stance showed her true apprehensiveness for being in front of these strange people. Even in such a small group, she felt the tingling urge in her limbs to fly off.

Nodding quickly to the woman before her, Eilan will have turned, headed straight for the gate, since it had been said that they were ready. Out of the Palisades they'd go, headed straight out into the thick of the forest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum